Would you be mad if you had to give money towards a 50th Wedding anniversary present for your inlaws when his brother and sister didn't even discuss getting them this gift with you before they did it?

O.k. my husband had to give his brother $300.00 towards a special evening planned for his parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. They were taken to New York city (an hour or so away from where they live) by limo to see Andrea Bocelli in concert and they went out to eat there too. My husband wasn't even ask how he felt about it prior to his brother and sister setting it up. I mean they don't have families and they spend money like it grows on trees. We don't $300.00 is a lot for us. How would you feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't have given them the money. I'd tell them that I couldn't afford it and also that I would like to have a say in what I got my parents.
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would have said, "I don't have that kind of money. I want to do something, but we need to come up with something that fits all our budgets."

Answer by gdiamante at 5:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• LMAO excuse my french but ur inlaws wouldve been @$$ed out as far as my portion was concerned..if you didnt get my okay before, your not getting my money after!! PERIOD!!!! thats rediculous, i wouldve laughed in their face...hmmm but thats just me....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would have been honest. Thanks for wanting us to be apart of your plans, but we don't have it. Sorry, if you would have asked before you planned it, I would have let you know that. So we will be getting them something else separately.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 5:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I agree with the PP!!! My husband's family is the same way, they have more money than they know what to do with, and we struggle financially.They have no concept of what it means to live with a limited income and not be able to spend money like it's going out of style. I do think a 50th anniversary warrants a nice gift, but the siblings should have consulted ya'll before planning such an expensive trip.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would tell them that times are tough right now, especially for those with children. I would tell them exactly how much we could afford to put towards it and they could split the difference of what was left or we would put nothing towards it and buy something for them that was simple, classic, and within our budget while still celebrating their milestone.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 5:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My husband didn't say shit. He gave them the money but damn, $300.00 could do us wonders. Whatever. If my siblings pulled that shit with me, I'd tell them.
    Anonymous