am I taking this too personal?

my fiance and I are looking to move and while I do think about location and whatnot its not what I bring up until I actually see the house. when I'm reading ads I will say wow they include this in rent (example w/s/g etc.) well today I saw one that also paid cable so I brought that up and my fiance said you look at the stupidest things when looking at the house... its just stupid. I wasn't saying I wanted to rent the house cause they paid cable, I was just making an observation (we don't currently have able because its an unnecessary expense) when he said this it sounded like he was calling ME stupid. am I taking it too personal? I'm 8 months pregnant so my hormones are blaring and I can't figure out if I'm so mad cause the hormones or cause of the actual comment.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Not sure I'm a good candidate to answer this bc I'm 8 months too but I'd have gotten mad at the phrasing of that statement too! You don't see many places that have cable included in rent.. thats kind of odd!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• When you said he does not think it is necessary to have cable..I blew my top.. If my DH told me that before we married I would not have married him,,or stayed with him..Trying to tell me what I need and don't need like he is my DAD or something...And I am not pregnant. That kind of man I would not be with..

Answer by louise2 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Not sure how his voice was. He may have just thought it was a funny comment and meant it like "you look at the silliest things".. but instead said "stupid". I totally agree, he phrased it wrong. I would say if this was an isolated incident, and he is otherwise treats you great, then just let it go. But moving is stressful and he may be getting agitated over small things and not realizing he's taking it out on you. So if it continues, I would let him know that he's hurting your feelings.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 5:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• He def. could have worded it different but I wouldn't get in a twist about it right now. Around here almost all the studios/effeciencies come with cable included.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• lol i dont think you r . its not ur falt that ur hormones are going nuts. you will have that alot trust me its a prego thing
    shawn_cj

Answer by shawn_cj at 6:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think it's your hormones. You should be looking at how many rooms and how many bathrooms not if they will pay your cable.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I look at EVERYTHING when i look at places, the rent, how many rooms, bathrooms, what utilities are paid, what school are in the district, and so on. I usually read things thouroughly. The utilities might not make a difference, but i like to see what some offer that others dont and try to see if there is a reason why.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009