What do you think about Gov. Sanford missing?

Where do you think he was?
Why do you think he took off?

The whereabouts of Gov. Mark Sanford was unknown for nearly four days, and some state leaders question who was in charge of the executive office.
Neither the governor’s office nor the State Law Enforcement Division, which provides security for governors, had been able to reach Sanford after he left the mansion Thursday in a black SLED Suburban SUV, said Sen. Jake Knotts and three others familiar with the situation but declined to be identified.
First lady Jenny Sanford told The Associated Press earlier Monday her husband has been gone for several days and she did not know where.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 5:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The governor’s office issued a statement Monday afternoon: "Gov. Sanford is taking some time away from the office this week to recharge after the stimulus battle and the legislative session, and to work on a couple of projects that have fallen by the wayside. We are not going to discuss the specifics of his travel arrangements or his security arrangements."
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:38 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• IDK, maybe someone should be asking the lovely Mizz M and her dear husband.
    Anonymous

• And this from his colleagues:

Sanford has a habit of going underground when he takes time away from the office.

What's on your mind sweet?  Where do you think he is?

Anonymous

• IDk, but no one was "in charge" and he was just gone..I don't think a gov should do that without telling ANYONE....Not even his wife...let alone his lt. gov

If your hubby was gone from Thursday til Monday, I'm pretty sure you'd know where he is and why he left. There HAS to be more to the story
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Wow, am I out of the loop! But I haven't had TV since last week, something is wrong with the dish. But as screwed up as we are as a state, I am not at all surprised by anything that happens here.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

LOL.....I don't live there but you would think a missing gov would be kinda important!! I didn't hear about it til last night.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Apparently, if his staff issued a press release and didn't divulge his whereabouts he was not missing. And, maybe, just maybe, his wife was instructed not to say. HMMMMM......Big mystery in the South.....Wonder why the FBI and the CIA are not issuing a Governor missing alert.......
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think ????? is just showing her obvious bias towards dems republicans....

is this familiar?  Pot, meet kettle.

Anonymous

• , Apparently, if his staff issued a press release and didn't divulge his whereabouts he was not missing. And, maybe, just maybe, his wife was instructed not to say. HMMMMM......Big mystery in the South.....Wonder why the FBI and the CIA are not issuing a Governor missing alert.......

and some state leaders question who was in charge of the executive office. Neither the governor’s office nor the State Law Enforcement Division, which provides security for governors, had been able to reach Sanford after he left the mansion Thursday in a black SLED Suburban SUV,

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think ????? is just showing her obvious bias towards dems republicans.... is this familiar? Pot, meet kettle.

What are YOU talking about? STATE LEADERS are questioning it....His own SECURITY DETAIL couldn't locate him. The Statement about his whereabouts came AFTER they found him using the location of his cell phone that was turned OFF! His wife said he was gone for days and she didn;t know where or why....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:39 PM on Jun. 22, 2009