First dr. appt

I am about 18 weeks pregnant. I have been taking OTC prenatals But i just got my insurence strighted out, and have my first dr. thursday. My question is do u think they will do an ultrasound? I cant remember if they did with my first child or not. I have never been to this dr. before thats what im wondering. But with me being so far along, dont you think they would do one? I am dying to know what i am having lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no nto at first they will do the normal Q&A and then probably some tests but they will schedule an ultra sound for probably with in the next couple weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• ya they should do one but they will not know what it is til after3 or 4 months. but i got one when i was 13 weeks.
    shawn_cj

Answer by shawn_cj at 6:09 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• They probabley schedule you one at this appt. But the first will probably be typical Q&A.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i got one when i went in for my first and I was 5.5 weeks so im sure they'll do one in the office like they did mine...but I just found out the sex of mine and I had to meet with a specialist at 19weeks, standard for my hosp., to do an anatomy sonogram basically observing head to toe and thats when i found out the sex...oh yeah im 20weeks tomorrow so if they do it like my hospital then they may have u meet with a designated person who does the anatomy check but ur doctor can give u an ultrasound though as well in the office and he might tell u then
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It really depends on the practice you go to. If you are already 18 weeks they will most likely do one....it's around that time that they do the diagnostic ultrasound where they take a lot of the babies measurements, they may also be able to tell you if you are having a boy or girl if the baby cooperates.

I have more frequent ultrasounds because I'm a diabetic. With my son I had maybe 6 or 7. I'm currently 12 weeks and i've had three u/s's so far!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i think that if you are up to date on your yearly exam then they will do an u/s but if you have not had you yearly exam then they will probably do that.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 7:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009