Should Child Protective Services be called if you knew that a one year old has never been vaccinated?

And also the baby has only been once at the pediatrician's office.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I can understand your concern, especially the lack of doctor visits which are important to gage general health and growth of an infant but what the parents are doing isn't illegal.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• And who are you to decide for the parents?
    Anonymous

• Honestly, there's no laws against it. I don't think that they will do anything other than maybe check on the child's enviornment. Some people just have healthy children and yes, well baby check ups are nice, but the fact is they aren't always necessary. I wonder if the parents are under insured? I know we have insurance, but can't afford to use it!
    Anonymous

• I don't know what state your in or their laws but I don't think it's against the law not to vaccinate your child. i think it's the parents choice so it wouldn't be a viable complaint for protective services.. I can't be sure but I think that's the way it works.
    Anonymous

• Not vaccinating your child is not against the law or not taking your kid to the Dr. If her child is being taken care of and is healthy, butt out. She should take her child to the Dr. at least once a year for general care.

Anonymous

• Personally I"m am totally PRO VAX... but it is every parents right to do what they choose as far as vaccinations go. that's like saying you know that sun can cause cancer but you don't put sunscreen on your kid and someone calls CPS on you for it. JUst remember everyone has thier own beliefs and you have yours you wouldn't want to be prosocuted for doing what you feel is right. Although if it's because of neglect that's another story.
    Anonymous

• Well, I think the baby should go for regular well check-up, even if mom and dad decide to vaccinate or not vac.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• some people chose to not give their children vaccines and rely on home methods for medical purposes...LOL you can call CPS but i'll just be a waste of time
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Um..... why do you want to make decisions for other people. Are your kids not enough. As long as a child is healthy there is no need to go to the dr. and whether we agree of not in this country you do have the right to your own opinion and traditions.
    As long as the child is generally healthy, happy, clean, and fed. Not beaten etc. LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!! Vaccinations are not demanded by law
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Not vaccinating isn't against the law and neither are well-baby visits. Personally, I don't trust most MD's( just one) and especially pediatricians so unless this baby is being neglected or abused, or is sick and the parents aren't doing anything about it, it's none of your business. I think CPS would laugh at you for calling for such a ridiculous thing. Butt out!!
    Anonymous