• In the Spotlight:

conceiving with irregular periods

I have conceived twice (1 miscarriage) and my 20 month old son, all the while having very irregular periods. I wanted to get pregnant, but thought I would not be able to, so when it happened both times I was surprised and extremely happy. Needless to say, I was not "trying"but it took years. After having my son/nursing my cycle all of a sudden becames very regular, and I decided to start ttc for real. This is the 2nd month and all off a sudden my period has gone batty again. (I did stop nursing, so that could have something to do w/ it). I was due on 6/18 and no AF. I don't feel pregnant and took a test this morning. Has anyone had a similar problem where they were able to seek help from their ob/gyn? She told me to let her know if my cycle changed when I saw her last and told her my plans. I just don't know if there is anything that they can really do? Drugs? How long would/should you wait before seeking help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm not trying to conceive but I got the book "taking charge of your fertility" and it was sooo helpful in trying to understand your own body. It can help prevent or plan pregnancy based on your own body and looking at different signs to know when to have sex to concieve and when not to have sex if you are trying to prevent pregnancy, and it does not depend on when you get your period! Also, maybe you want to see a nfp theorpist to help you.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Why not try some opk's? See when ur ovulating and babydance in that time frame! I got pregnant without having a period while my son was nursing! So anything is possible!
    Habibti812

Answer by Habibti812 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" is VERY effective for women with irregular periods; the temp changes will signal you. We tried ovulation predictor kits and they didn't help.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I am going through the same problem. Mine are irregular also. But i dont have a child. I have been trying but its just not happening. I have a doctors appointment next tuesday to see what is up. Let me know if anyone finds anything out please.
    sashes4x4

Answer by sashes4x4 at 8:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2009