When did you start buying?

When did you start buying things like clothes, furniture, and other necessities for your baby?

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It all depends on your budget, but if you live week to week on a paycheck, then the best thing that i found was to make sure that every week you bought something, no matter how far along you are. As long as you are past your first trimester, adn are relatively healthy, it is never too soon.
    Anonymous

• weekly since week five, enroll in all the free programs you can.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i started buying around when the baby was 6 months. but i think if u having a baby shower u should wait until after to do your own shopping because then you'll see what u already have and what u need to get :)
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my mom just boughty me my baby shower gift which is a crib, changng table, w/built in diaper stacker and toiletries department and my full supply, it seems like, of 3month clothes. im 20weeks tomorrow...we buy ahead of time because we're not wealthy so when the money is available we tend to budget way ahead of time and my moms been planning on that since I was 5 weeks pregnant when shee found out
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I've purchased a few things at yard sales that I couldn't pass up. I'm 12 weeks with my second. I will start buying clothes when I know if it's a boy or girl in July!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I started like 2 weeks ago- and Im just about finished Im 31 weeks, I didnt want to get anything until I was futher along. I bought everything from rumages and used baby stores and its all in great shape and well taken care of!
    his nursery is BEAUTIFUL!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I started buying right away. Before I knew if I was having a boy or girl I bought one pkg of diapers a week in different sizes. Then after I found out I started looking at garage sales and second hand stores for clothing, now that I am 31 weeks I will start buying the Dreft detergent and extra nipples for the bottles and pacifiers so things like that. Since we are on a budget I broke everything up, it makes it a lot easier I think.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• twin girlsi started getting stuff after my 1st trimester. i have been looking on craigslist everyday and see what is super cheap. i am 30 weeks and i have just about everything that i need for my twins. there is stuff that i still "want" but i have everything that i have to have.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 6:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• your second trimester would be good, because that's when you should have the most energy.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 7:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Same here. Unfortunately, we aren't finding out the gender until 21 weeks!!! So we have a month less time than we thought we would to collect stuff gradually. But MIl already bought a crib from a garage sale. I know my mom wants to buy a big ticket item, we just don't know what. After she buys whatever it is she's buying or tells us, we'll start buying the other expensive things. Then the small things.
    MarineWife1108

Answer by MarineWife1108 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2009