UGH VENT! I am so sick of.. ? shouldn't they be taking every person seriously in order to make a sale?!

Being screwed over by real estate agents. My husband and I have been interested in a few houses within the past few months. We have called on a two and each time the agent said "I'll call you later this week and set up an appointment" (Either due to "not having their schedule on them" or some other reason. Well after waiting and waiting and not getting a call back.. we call abou 3-4 weeks later and they apologize and inform us it is in contract. Well we saw a house we liked- first day its listed on the market we call the agent on friday. He says the soonest he could do it was Monday night at 6. We agree. My husband gave him our number and told him to call Sunday and remind us. We'll he never did and DH didn't want to go. I said no- he just might have forgot to call. That would be so rude to stand him up. So we go and wait 15 minutes. Call him. No answer. Stood up. This is getting real frustrating!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• wow, that's crazy ! As bad as home sales are everywhere, you would think they would be jumping on every phone call. Are you sounding forceful enough ? Maybe they don't think you are really interested in seeing the homes you are calling about, so they are not taking you seriously.
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 6:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• get pre-approved and then seek out a "buyer's agent". Go to their office and tell them what you are looking for. They'll pull up every listing that meets your criteria. That is what I did and it worked like a charm. When you are pre-approved for your loan, they will jump through hoops to show you houses because they know that you really are serious and not just a "looky-loo".  Believe ot or not, lots of people will go out touring houses that are on the market just for fun. They have no intentions of buying any of them.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Yes my husband always calls and he always sounds interested. The only thing we can think of is that we're younger. But if we have the money why should it matter? Next time we've already decided we're just going to start out the phone call by saying look we're already pre approved and can afford this house. Now please can we look at it?
    Anonymous

• "we've already decided we're just going to start out the phone call by saying look we're already pre approved and can afford this house."

That is a good idea....
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You should still get a buyers agent...my mom is a real estate agent and I also work in a real estate office and a buyers agent is working for you and what you want, where as a sellers agent is only going working for the seller to insure that they get the highest amount of comission and they don't care about you, just the sale. Also, with a buyers agent, you're not the one making all the phone calls for showings and you can count on your agent being there to show you the property you are interested in!! Good Luck!
    Svarne

Answer by Svarne at 12:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You need to find your own personal realtor. One that is on your side and will work with you, not for someone else. We had one when we were shopping around and ended up having a home built and she was there every step of the way and was AWESOME!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009