I am at my wits end here...HELP!!!!

My son used to love to take a bath, whether he had company in the tub or not didn't matter, he would tell me when it was time, strip off his cloths, and just hop in. Suddenly, that has changed. He is all of a sudden screaming and throwing a tantrum when i run the tub, he hides from me, and when i get him in there, he is screaming bloody murder like i am hurting him. I know for a fact no one has done anything to him in the tub recently for him to change like this. He is now 2 1/2 years old. Is this just a phase and how can i stop it? Am I alone in this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is the same way. He is going to be two in August but he goes through phases where he loves taking baths one month and the next my husband and I are having to wash him up before he tries to hop out screaming.
    moniluvsmarcus

Answer by moniluvsmarcus at 6:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• No your not alone... My son decided he no longer liked baths or showers (first he didn't want to be washed just play then he didn't like baths in general so he stood in the shower then he didn't like that) we made a HUGE deal about how 'cool' and 'awesome' (his fav words) Bubble Baths were so now he takes bubble baths and we 'make more bubbles' on a washcloth to wash him. Of course after we let the water off he has to be rinsed of all bubbles but at least he's clean... GL I hope that idea helps :)
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• maybe try and give him choices... it could be a power struggle I don't know. Say would you like to take a bath before or after we do this....." make sense. It may or may not work, but at least he get to practice decision making.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My DS went thru this too and it'll pass. I just told him in 5 min he'd go in the tub so he felt like he had a little control. Also new bath tub toys or a new bubble soap might do the trick.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 9:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2009