Thinking about TTC baby #2..

I am a SAHM to a 2 and a half year old. My husband just recently got home from a 7 month tour to Iraq. We both want to try for a new addition but are worried about how our daughter will react. While my husband was gone she clinged to me very tightly, and still does. Im afraid she won't handle a new baby in the house well. She doesn't even like the puppy on my lap! Does anyone else worry about this?

KaItLyNsMa21

Asked by KaItLyNsMa21 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes this is a valid concern! I think about this too. A friend of mine decided once she was pregnant and they told their daughter about the pregnancy they went and picked out a small baby (doll) for her, they bought it diapers and clothes and bottles and then proceeded to teach her how to be a great big sister! They made sure she realized that the new baby was for everyone...not just a baby for mommy. But during her time with her doll made sure she new that babies need mommies to help them out! Maybe this would help!! Good luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2009