How do you wash dishes..for those that handwash....?

my question is in what order do you wash dishes, what group of dishes do you start with, end with, how do you stack them in the drainer? after i get a few answers ill tell you why I asked

elananme

Asked by elananme at 6:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i wash fork,knives,and spoons first put those 2gether. then i go to big round plates then to smaller round plates then bowls and i stack em in that order.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 6:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i always start with my silverware because its usually the least dirty. then i do cups, bowls and plates. by then the dishwater is pretty dirty so i drain it and then i wash pots and pans just letting the water run down on them and with a scrubbie. i am very neat about stacking them, from big to little and all the silverware going the same way .. haha its just a little bit of my OCD showing there. lol.
    psylees_mommy

Answer by psylees_mommy at 6:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I start with cups, then go to the silverware. Then bowls, then plates, then pots.
    summerdayz

Answer by summerdayz at 6:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I start with plates, then bowls, then cups, then silverware, then pots and pans, and anything else is last. I put them in the drainer in the same order minus pots and pans my hubby dries for me in that case because Im picky. Bot how I stack them is I dont stack I put themin so their able to dry on their sides, bowls tilted downward, cups upside down, silverware in their own compartment....

or i just get lazy and put them in the dishwasher
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Glasses and cups, then plates and bowls, then flatware, then pots. I use the biggest bowl or pot to do the washing in, and by the time everything is washed, the pot or bowl is clean or almost clean. In the drainer I just stack things so they'll fit, no particular order.

Answer by Bmat at 6:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I wash the silverware first because I absolutely HATE to wash silverware & I want to get that over with. I then wash the bowls, the plates, pans, & cups are last. I drain the sink & then fill it back up & wash my son's sippy cups.
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I start with cups and then work to the dirtiest dishes. Pots and pans are usually last.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 6:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• UPDATE: Okay so when i wash dishes i start by putting the silverware in a big bowl o rpot to soak in hot hot hot soapy water and tehn i wash cups plates bowls (ccereal bowls and small tupperware type bowls) silverware (depending on how much if there is a lot i do them absolutely last) big bowls and pans and pots. I put them in to dry in the drainer in teh order i wash them tilted or upside down as needed to dry all the silverware is handle down so i know what im grabbing when i reach for something and sharp knives down. my husband complains when i wash becasue he thinks i should stack the cups and small bowls on top of everything else if i did that the bowls and cups would be greasy and everything else would be clean
    besides the fact that when i was a kid my father stood over me one time for two and ahlf hours whooping my but for not doing the dishes in the order i listed above so it became habit to do it that way. cont
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• so in my mind its better that i do them my way than not do them at all! am i right or should i do them the way my hsuband says i should

after my father got done whooping me i literally could not sit down for two weeks and slept standing up!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think if he wants them done a different way, he should do the dishes! If I have a habit of something, I'm not going to change it just because my hubby doesn't like the way I do it, especially if he doesn't have a GREAT reason for it. Plus, is this really something you want to fight about (although we argued about the right size of a towel last night...) :)
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 7:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2009