anyone at the end of their rope?

my son is SO BAD i dont think i could ever handle another! hes only 14 months and hes already in his terrible 2's, hiding everything, breaking everything, climbing on everything. im at the end of my rope and i'm trying desperately to tie a knot and hang on! i'm seriously one step away from going 'hood rat crazy' as Jack said in his commercial.

what can i do? i just got a new (used) phone and put it on the counter up away from him and somehow he managed to climb up on the counter and break it in half! and this is like the 80th phone he's broken in the last 8 weeks (8 is my exaguration number btw)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I would start to set boundaries for him but prepare for the tantrums. Also, just for a while, move stuff out of the way that you think might tempt him because it'll save you a lot of frustration. He's gonna do this because he's human and exploration is how he learns. I read the Happiest Toddler on the Block and put into practice a few ideas they discussed even though I felt like an idiot. Also, my first son was so awful I watched SuperNanny for direction and some of her ideas worked too. Hang in there, it's a tough road.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• wow.that sounds like some1 i noes son.he doesnt listen 4 nothing.you need a punishment one tht will really teach him a lesson.even if that requires a little spank on the butt.he needs to learn that he cant do what he wants and needs to learn respect.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 6:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• if i spank him he laughs at me, he thinks i'm playing with him! is he old enough to understand time out yet?
    Anonymous

• I hear ya! My daughter was and is still that way. All I can say is hang in there it gets slightly easier when they start to talk and can tell you want they want and understand what you want from them. good luck!
    l-momoftwo

Answer by l-momoftwo at 6:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• good idea jeanclaudia! i'll see if the library has that book or if half.com does... i've always thought super nanny was a bit harsh but maybe thats what he needs, i guess i'll have to tivo her!
    Anonymous