ProAqua?

My husband applied for a job at ProAqua today, and got the job, but my mom swears it has to be a scam, because the pay is pretty good, and it involves selling their product through home visits, and the pay is guaranteed (at least that's what they said), with extra added on for every unit they sell. She swears they'll fire him if he doesn't sell enough units, or he won't get paid like they say.

So my question is: has anyone heard of this company before, and is the job valid, meaning my mom is just being paranoid (as she has a habit of being), or is it as off as my mom seems to think? Anyone know about this company; is there anyone who can vouch for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well you can always request a 1 week trial to see how it goes. I haven't heard of this company so I can't say. My husband has an offer to work for Verizon Fios, it's commission based as well, but there are NO guarantees...if you have a lousy week and make no sales you get NOTHING. So that's scary, BUT for every sale you get you earn $140 in commission. He went out with two other employees on a Saturday. One guy made 3 sales or $420, the other did 6 sales and made $840! He talked to 8 employees and they all say their paychecks are in the $1200-$1500 range a WEEK! Thats double what my husband does now. But that whole no guarantee worries us....

So, he took a week off of work and is working there next week to see how it goes, if it goes well, he will take the job and leave his current job!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• thanks, that one week trial is a good idea!
    Anonymous

• I'll give you my best advice. Give it a try, but don't listen to other people's opinions and you have to pick one thing and truely stick with it. I'm sure it's not a scam, but it might not come over night. I've never heard of ProAqua, but it's better than nothing.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Thanks! I think we decided that he's going to ask a ton of questions, and if he is satisfied with the answers he's going to give it a try. So, we'll see, and if its not something he's comfortable with, he can just stick with the job he has now!
    Anonymous