How do you make sure everyone has their own space?

My sister and her 6 year old are moving into my 14 month olds room so he is moving in with me and DH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Plan things out. Make sure you have DS's things out of his room before they move in, because this will cut down on the amount of times you go into 'their' room and increase the percieved amount of privacy that you have. Make your guy's room off-limits as well.

If you plan on sharing things (like the T.V. or computer) try to work out a schedual for when who has what, that way people aren't getting upest because 'they wanted to watch/do this or that'.

Also, make sure you guys get out of the house (even if its just to the backyard or park) because this will also make it feel that you guys aren't all cooped up in there together all the time.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• You have a huge heart!!

Make schedules for bathroom time, TV, etc.

Make a chore chart, so everyone shares in keeping the house together.

Good luck

Answer by rkoloms at 7:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I moved into a house with nine people, considerately given the six year olds bedroom, and she now shares with her sister while I share with my three year old son. Its crowded, but don't just limit time to the bedrooms - doing things together is as important as spending time apart. If you only think about what YOU are going to do with YOUR son, it can make the guests feel like intruders. I eat dinner everyday with the people I live, play games with them, watch TV, go shopping - but I also make time to take me and my son off to 'the aquatic recreation center' (pool) or to the shopping faciilities, and by using lingo me and their mom understands, it doesn't cause fits when I'm trying to head out the door. But I honestly think you're amazing for opening your home - someone has done this for me, and it has improved the quality of my life immensely.
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 11:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• send' em to grandmas LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009