Advice Please??

I just found out I am pregnant with my first baby. I am a 21 year old college student, having the baby with my fiance of 2 years, we have our own home, two safe cars ('07 trailblazer, '05 VW Passat), a puppy, getting married in July of next year. (I have never been able to do the whole drink during college thing, cause I cannot drink alcohol or stay up past name.. yeah, I'm LAME!)

Here's my question: Am I going to be able to finish my degree while I am pregnant and with a newborn? I am due in February, I am graduating with my LPN in December, and will be done my 2 bachelors degrees in May. Am I going to have too much on my plate? Should I just postpone finishing my degree?? Thanks!!

Brittany
brittanybean.pureromance.com

prbyBrittany

Asked by prbyBrittany at 6:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pregnancy wont prevent you from doing anything unless you are having complications! I say go for it, unless you feel yourself that your uncapable of handling it all! Your body knows when to tell you to slow it down!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 7:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• yeah Im 17 been in college for a year now and going on my second Im pregnant due in November but the only difficult thing is being awake....u may have to slow ur pace...I used to do all nighters just so I wouldnt have to deal with homework later and all that stopped when I got pregnangt and I spent most of the day when I wasnt throwing up, having back pain , or sleeping doing homework...GL
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• you're so close, I'd stick it out and finish!!! GL
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 7:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I am affraid to tell you to post pone cause most that do never get back to it....I would try and just make sure I have a good support system and lots of babsitters lol
    I hope all works out for you. Stay in school as long as possible:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 7:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my cousin got her two degree with four children, one is bipolar and a newborn, it's a lot of work, but if you have help, it won't be impossible
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 7:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My sister finished getting her masters while she was pregnant. I have several friends who have done it too. Every single person is different, every single pregnancy is different. Don't listen to anyone who says you can't finish getting your degree b/c you are pregnant. People do it every single day.

It's never going to be easier than it is right now. You don't have to worry about babysitters or anything until the baby is born. :) Good luck to you, it sounds like you have a good start.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2009