What are good no energy dinner ideas?

I have been so tired I barely have the energy to make dinner for me and my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• frozen pizza mama
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• papa murphys, pb&j sandwich, cereal, eggs, cold cut sandwiches, fruit cheese and crackers, grilled cheese,
    l-momoftwo

Answer by l-momoftwo at 7:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• tuna casserole...LOL ive posted this like 3 times hope ur not the same person asking again...

but just boil egg noodles for 10 minuts, then mix cream of mushroom, peas, carrots, and brocolli small pieces, tuna, and just a dash of milk together in a baking dish and bake for about 20minues and then its done..maybe sprinkle some bread crumbs and shredded cheese over the top and thats pretty simple and healthier than pizza
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Sandwiches, or eggs and toast with a salad. Soup from a can. Ravioli from a can, or corned beef hash from a can. I keep some of these no effort other than heating to prepare foods around.

Answer by Bmat at 7:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Quesadillas! I chop up a couple of chicken breasts and an onion & toss in a frying pan w/a little butter, then when the chicken is almost cooked & the onions are transluscent, I sprinkle with montreal steak seasoning. Remove from heat & set aside. Butter the outside of two flour tortillas (burrito size works best), then put one, butter side down, in pan, add chicken mix and some shredded cheese, then the other tortilla on top w/butter side out. Brown a bit, flip, brown again. Remove from heat, cut in quarters & enjoy!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Try to keep it healthy, not resort to convenience foods if you can help it. Some good things are crockpot meals (you just put everything in the crock pot and let it cook all day then its done at night), bagged salad mix tossed with some grape or cherry tomatoes and chopped ham shredded cheese and croutons, canned low sodium soups, grilled cheese sandwiches made with whole wheat bread and 2% cheese, or even just a plate of chopped veggies with some precooked chicken breast and a roll with some ranch dressing if you like it, and some fruit for dessert. If you want some easy crockpot recipes, send me a message.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• salads. hummus and veggies on whole wheat tortillas. raw veggies and dip. cut fruit and dip. smashed avocado and sliced tomato on whole grain toast with a teeny sprinkle of sea salt

Answer by rkoloms at 11:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• summer is a good time for salads you can add some tuna, or leftover chicken breast or steak. Add some fruit and some bread.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 3:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Rather than grill one type of meat at a time, I grill burgers, chicken breast, fajita meat and hot dogs. I usually have at least 4-5 days of meat prepared and ready to heat. If you grill the meat just slightly undercooked, it will finish cooking when you heat it up and help to keep it from drying out. The cooked meat can then be used for fajitas, tacos, spaghetti, pasta meals, casseroles, quesadillas etc. When I prepare casseroles, I generally make a double batch and freeze the extra for a quick meal when I am too tired to cook.
    Oma628

Answer by Oma628 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009