temperature.....

my husband was sick for a couple days, running a high temp. Now my 6 month old has a temp of 100.2. should give her tylenol and see if it goes down or take her to the er?????

TNT8687

Asked by TNT8687 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take her to the ER and expose her to god knows what other diseases and illnesses or give Tylenol and call the doctor for any other recommendations?

I think it's a no brainer. The fever isn't that high anyway.
    Anonymous

• I didnt ask your opinion for you to be a bitch......thanks for the advice but I think i'll wait on someone else to answer anon 7:07!
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• that was kinda rude. she may be a new mom and may not know how to treat a fever in a baby or could just be nervous.

give her some tylenol and keep an eye on her. call your ped for more info. good luck. hope she feels better soon.
    Anonymous

• The only reason i was concerned so much was because my husbands temp started out the low, and within a few hours it was up to 102.7.......I was just wanting to know if i should take precautions....
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• That's a very low grade temp I would either just keep an eye on it or give the tylenol... either is fine. It's not really a concern unless the baby has a very high temp over 104 and it won't come down after giving both tylenol and motrin. And since you know the cause of the fever (sick from dad) you can be pretty sure it's not anything that would require antibiotics... it's just a virus and will get better on it's own.
    And although the anon poster was rude about it, she did have a point... bringing your baby to the ER would expose your child to tons of germs and there is little they would do an an ER for you except have you wait about 6 hours to give your child Tylenol that you can do at home
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2009