• In the Spotlight:

How is Florida?

I am from North carolina, I currently live in Arkansas. On July 20th ish DH, kids and I are moving to the fort walton beach/navaree area of Florida. I have never been there....I am not fond of where I am now. Do you like it in florida? Also we are looking at a house 1300sqft 3br 2 ba fenced in back yard, above ground pool, 2 miles from the beach.....is 800 a month a good price?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Don't know about the rent or your new location but I know Naples, Ft. lauderdale and Miami. I like Florida a lot.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• The area I am moving too is...in the panhandle.....not TOO far from panima city or pensicola.
    Anonymous

• I only know the Orlando area,are you sure the house is 800 dollars a month,thats dirt cheap with a pool,3bedrooms,and near the beach.Happy moving !!!
    Anonymous

• I live in AR too and I have a friend who lives in panama city
    It's freaking HOT!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• lol its HOT here too! lol.....Yes it is 800 it is normally 1000, but there is a major discount for military!
    Anonymous

• That price is outstanding for a house, I'd be concerned it's not in good shape at that price. I like living in FL, but it is hotter than hell during the summer. We've been under a heat advisory where I am for the last 3 days, it's been feeling in the triple digits...even the dog wants to get wet right now. lol It's not too bad, though, and you have the beach and theme parks and lots of nature parks and stuff, so there's always something to do.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It is hot here in AR too....upper 90s all week not including heat index. As far as the houses shape, we have seen SEVERAL pictures, and all houses rented to military have to be approved. (im pretty sure) The house was built in 2004, so it cant be that bad.......we have seen SEVERAL REALLLLY nice houses in a development. Called Holley By the Sea..they are around 1100-1200....with 3 pools, tennis courts, ect....
    Anonymous