Need advice for 18 month old.

My daughter is almost 18 months and is teething. She is getting her top K9 teeth in and has been having a rough time with it. It seems to me that everytime she teeths it gets a little worse. This time though she has been running a temp of 99-101 periodiclly, not constantly. She has been soooo cranky everyday for like two weeks. She just does not seem to be her happy self anymore. She wont fall asleep untill late, gets up early, wont take a nap until late in the day....all things that are not her "normal". I try Tylenol, teething tablets, cold cloths to chew on, etc... But she is still not happy. I brush her teeth with no problem, she eats with out a problem (except for an unusually low appitite) and I can look ito her mouth and there is not much swelling or anything, so Iam wondering If it may infact not be due to teething? Anyone have any suggestions? I am at a loss and have no idea what else to do for her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it sounds like my dd, she's 19 month and is getting all of her k9 teeth in now. I gave her motrin to help. My dd also has a vibrating teeth thing that she chews on to help and a toothbrush to chew on. But otherwise, she's sleeping maybe 6 hours a night and taking a 20 minute nap during the day. Plus shes suddenly gotten VERY clingy so I can't even put her down without her screaming! Her appetite keeps diminishing, and won't eat more than 4 times during the day. Every day it seems to get worse, and she's been doing this for about 3 weeks now. I thought the same thing about a week ago until her top two K9 teeth suddenly appeared and the bottom ones have white in the gum.
    How does her teething normally go? It takes a while for my daughter to actaully get teeth in from the time it starts so maybe that's what is going on? Guess I wanted to say I know how you feel and just keep an eye out for anything like a cough or something! GL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I heard the infantano vibrating teether is good. Might be worth a try. If no luck, then call the doctor.
    momjs

Answer by momjs at 7:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Are you sure it's teething? GIven how long it has gone on, I'd check with the doctor to make sure she doesn't have an ear infection or something else.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• OP here~ Thank you lilmama, it's nice to know Im the only one going through this! The last time she teethed, it was all four first molars at once and it wasnt half as bad as this. They all took about a month and a half, maybe two months to come in. Like I said, her actions remind me of her teething, but just much much worse. I have talked to my mom, who we live with and she watches DD alot, and she agreed that it is teething. Other than being clingy and what I stated in my post, she has no other symptoms. Is anyone else going through this too?
    Anonymous