Any one live around Fort Polk, Louisiana? Might visit that area and wondering if it's really as unsafe and nasty huge carniverous creatures as my husband says?

Husband heard area unsafe and bad huge critters all over and poisonous and nonpoisonous. I am not bashing our military. I LOVE our miltary. Wish I could write letters of support to them. I am just asking for others knowledge about the area.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I've only visited the area, but it didn't seem that bad to me. It's in the south, so I'm sure it's really hot and humid, especially in the summer.

As far as big, bad creatures.. yeah probably not.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Yes i live in lake charles louisiana but i have family members that live on the base over there is like 45 mins away your husband is crazy i mean yes we have snake here but they are not coming out of the wood works and attacking... It is a very safe area we don't really have crime here or anything and the base is really tightly run. Don't worry not big snake or alligators will get yall...lol. I live on the river so I have some in the river but I have never seen them come on land.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I guess it depends totally on where you're coming from and what you're used to. Most of the time, the wildlife anywhere is more afraid of you, so they avoid populated places. You probably won't see much except squirrels and rabbits and stuff.

As for Crime, according to this site: http://www.bestplaces.net/city/Fort_Polk_North-Louisiana.aspx# Ft Polk North has a low crime rate.

If you're talking about going on post, they generally have pretty low crime rates, and when there is crime, it's mostly theft. We had our lawn mower stolen while living on post once...stuff like that. There's virtually no violent crimes on army posts.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• oh great. I feel so much better (sarcasm) knowing that my dd and her family are moving there! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 7:58 PM on Jun. 22, 2009