Are you freaking kidding me?

Ok I am watching the news in my hometown right now and they have a mother who forgot her 5 month old baby was with her and left her in the car so she could go to work the baby dies.... I live in south louisiana where today it was 97 degrees out side that mean it was over 120 in a car... no charges where pressed. How do you just forget your baby is in the car. What do you think should happened to this women? I think she should be left in a car in 120 degree weather for 8 hours then sunt to jail.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 7:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No matter how you want to look at this feel bad for the family or whatever this is child neglect. You know they can pull you over and ticket you and call social services for smoking in the car with someone under 7 but you can leave your baby in the car and her die and you get to symaphhy that is just unbelieveable. A baby cannot just slip your mind and if it can then you don't need to be a mother or in charge of a baby.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• This happened in Arizona too, that lady was on Oprah. She'd changed her routine (husband usually took the kid to daycare and on that day she decided to). She just left the kid in the car and taught her class all day. She just forgot. I don't know, but I don't wanna be quick to persecute her, seemed like a terrible, terrible mistake. I put the salad in the silverware drawer the other day...people do this stuff. But a kid? Who knows...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• its a hard one, i can understand if a routine was changed like it was said but even when i drop my kids off at grandmas i still tend to look in the backseat when i get out of the car, i can be a worry wart which isent always bad. i feel for the 5 month olds parents and family but to also think the suffering the child went threw is very very sad and heartbreaking. us moms should invent an alarm that sounds off when kids are in the car. and our driver doors open just a lil reminder to us when we get out.
    Anonymous

• it happened in florida last summer.it was my niece.she was a new born.my sisters dumb ass ex husband took 2 of my nephews into chuckie cheese for a whole lotta hours and thank god some1 called te cops because they saw my niece sleeping.thank god shes ok though she was just really dehydrated.he got arrested and my sister got full custody of the kids thank the lord.i swear if i see that asshole im gonna beat the shit out of him for what he did.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 7:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I put the leftovers in the dishwasher instead of the refrigerator once, but I never forgot where I left my kids.............
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 7:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• OH FUCK! What a dumbass!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• It can happen with no malice intended,last summer a grandfather was in charge of caring for his grand child,somehow the baby went to sleep,and he just forgot. I know it's unbeievable,but can you imagine what the mother has to live with the fact that their child died because of them.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• A father last year left his 18 months old in the car here in TN. I don't know all of the details but the child died and now in TN it is against the law to leave a child in the car alone that is under the age of 8 for any reason. (I think it was a good idea)
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2009