If you saw a four year old get into a truck without a booster or car seat would you call the police?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• Only if I wanted someone to track me down and shoot me in the head later.....

just a thought....
    Anonymous

• Damn straight. No offense, but that child's safety is more important than anything else. I'd say something to the parent first if I could though. My son has NEVER ever been in a car without a carseat or booster and won't til he's a good bit older. He's 5 now.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 7:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I mind my own business so I probably wouldn't even notice to tell the truth.
    Anonymous

• I use to work at wal-mart and i personally have called the cops MANY time for parents not putting their infants or young kids in car seats...and I live in florida and you would be suprised how many ppl leave their kids in the car while they shop.....i have call many times for that too! once i saw a baby in a car in the middle of july and i opened the car door and took the baby out went inside wal-mart and called the cops ...the parents were more pissed of at me for taking their 4 month old baby out of the car while they shoped then worried about their baby DYING or getting stolen cuz they car was not locked! some ppl dont deserve to be parents! Its sad i have the police on speed dial on my cell......Just so you parents know who do this ppl are watching and I personally write down the tag number or take a pic of it with my cell when i am driving when I see a child who isnt in a car seat!...
    emilysmama05

Answer by emilysmama05 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• No I wouldn't call the cops. There have been times when I have drove just a little way and didn't put my kids in a car seat, but if I am going on the main highway I do buckle them in.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 8:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• no.. not for a four year old.. maybe a toddler or baby....even so.. there are people who don't buckle infants in a seat and breastfeed in the car..which btw is not illegal.
    Anonymous

• i would try and mind my own business :) (i dont care what anyones says.... its NOT your business no matter how badly you want it to be). I also agree with the first comment by (Answered at 4:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 by: Anonymous)
    Anonymous

• No I wouldn't. As a parent I have a responsibility to my child to make sure she is safe, and I do. I would hate to think the drain that it would be on our cps and a cities police force. In most instances the parent or guardian is only going to be fined, and in most cases these are people that can't afford those fines in the first place, so they apply for financial hardship and the fine goes unpaid. The children still stay with these individuals as well, so what does it actually do? Save a child's life? These individuals that don't put their children in car seats obviously do it on more than one occasion. They are not going to be deterred from putting their child's life in danger on the next trip to the store, so all you are really doing in essence is bogging down our police force with unnecessary calls that waste tax payers money.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 8:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Nope...not my kid therefore not my business.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• How do you know the kid was only 4?
    Anonymous