What do you think it means to be a Christian and....

I was just curious what the responses would be. What do you think it means to be a Christian and what do you think Jesus says about following him... what do you think Jesus means when he asks us to follow Him?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• to deny yourself, and pick up your cross and follow Jesus. read his bible, and live according to the bible, and serve him with your life, and doing his will in your life, and looking to him for all things, and more... Itis about Jesus............
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You got to read and study the Bible and not these new versions of it but the King James Bible and once you start to read and study it you will understand how you have to live and what it means to follow Jusus.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• looovemybabies: sorry going to detour before i answer the question but KJV is not the only bible and some of the newer translations or much more accurate to the original language than the KJV.. so one doesn't have to only read KJV
    Anonymous

• To be a Christian, become a Christian, be a believer, a follower of Christ, receive salvation, be saved.. etc (wanted to make sure I covered all the terminology) . believing that Jesus died for our sins and rose again. When Nicodemus came to Jesus - he asked what must I do to be saved - and Jesus said you must be born again.. the rest comes as you learn, read, and grow in your faith and walk with Christ. You are following Him when you read your bible and live accordingly and follow His examples and are obedient to the word of God.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• A Christian - accepting Jesus as your savior, being a follower of Christ and what pp said.
    Anonymous

• Who cares? Some of you talk about Jesus Christ so much it scares me. I had an uncle who talked about God and had signs on his bike about God, they finally locked his ass up and pumped him full of medication. Now he doesn't even know who he is let alone Jesus Christ, but that's what happens when you start spreading the word too much!!
    Anonymous

• If you compare the KJV and the new version it's got a lot of important info missing.
    We actually compared the two Bibles in our Bible study and it makes big difference when you take out key words, so I belive in reading the KJV only, but thats just my opinion on the whole thing
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• anon819 - if you were in trouble and the judge had sentenced you to death and someone who knew you would reject Him, hate Him, call Him names etc.. came forward and said.. I'll die for her, whatever her punishment is going to be, I'll do it. Wouldn't you talk about that person to everyone you could. Wouldn't you go around telling people what He did for you? Some of us who talk about Jesus all the time really know what He did for us and that if He hadn't taken on the punishment that we (I) deserved etc. my life and many peoples lives would be so different and for some non-existent. So, for me, there is no such thing as talking about Jesus too much, as a matter of fact I don't talk about Him enough.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Okay bonn777 then why did the police throw him in a mental institution if he was doing the right thing? He really freaked people out and I think he's in the right place.
    There is a fine line between CRAZY and RELIGIOUS!
    Anonymous

• Maybe your uncle was talking about a different kind of God, people have different kinds of Gods
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009