• In the Spotlight:

my son is turning 18 and he wants me to throw him a party.

What should I have? Games? I don't know! Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Strippers are always a hit at that age!! Fun!!
    Anonymous

• How about hiring a DJ and have a bbq/bonfire?
    Anonymous

• A BBQ would be just fine.Start at like 5 or so that way by like 8 or 0 him and his friend can go out or something..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No games. At this age, the only "games" usually played at parties are drinking games. And no, no drinking either. He is underage.

I like the idea of a BBQ with dancing. How about a Hawaian theme? Don't think "birthday party"... think "get the friends together party". The birthday is just the excuse to throw the party. But do include a cake. Even grandparents still expect a cake on their birthday.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• BBQ, bon fire, guitar music, depending on your funds, a DJ
    and of course A CAKE!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Damn, your lucky..when my son turned 18 he told me if I thought about throwing him a party he was skippin town...

However my bf's son had an 18th bday party that was pretty cool..They took and hired a local dj, brought in a couple strippers to dance for the entire night of the party (they didnt get naked, they wore really skimpy bathing suites though) & had mock coctails, appetizers & then pizza for dinner... then the strippers brought out the cake..then when it came time to open presents, the strippers climbed into a huge box, the kid opened the box, the strippers came out & gave the kid the lapdance of his life, lol...the party was a hit.
    witch_e_woman

Answer by witch_e_woman at 1:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Seriously, no planned games, please. No themes, either. This really is a "get friends together" party.

Think food, music, and fun. Barbecues are great. Cake is a must. Maybe have an ice cream sundae bar where the kids and dress up their own dessert. Have your son pick out music to play in the background.

For the party, set out stacks of board games and DVDs, but don't insist that anyone use them. Let these be an option. Give your son and his friends plenty of room to socialize without being chaperoned.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 2:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2009

• I like the stripper idea!
    JamJem

Answer by JamJem at 4:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2009