Dilated

i went to the doctor on thursday and there was nothing but when i went this morning she said i was 2cm dilated i was wondering how long did you guys take from 2cm to water breaking because i know it says it can be from 6hrs up to a week but my friend told me when she was two she went into labor that night...just curious also this is my second well kinda my first was born at 27wks....what do you guys think

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 8:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You water doesn't always break. I was induced and up to 3 or 4 before they broke my water with my first son.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was not dilated at all when my water broke...and never did dilate.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I was dilated 4 cm with my DD for over a week before I went into labor, I have 3 children and my water never broke with any of them. I was almost 10cm with my last child and my water was still not broken LOL, all three times the Dr broke my water. You can go into labor at anytime, you water does not have to break to be "in labor". If it breaks, yeah go ahead to the hospital if not wait til your contractions are about 5 mins apart or listen to your OB.. Congrates on the new baby that is coming

midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Sorry about that, I dont know what happened
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:48 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i was 2 cm dialated for over 6 weeks. my water didnt break it just started leaking... no contractions or anything... the baby was born 15 hours later
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 9:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2009