should i work while prego even if i want to stay home ?

this is my first baby and we just moved in with my in-laws a month ago my husband has a job and we share a car with the house and i get sick alot almost daily so should i try to get a job when i am almost 17 weeks or wait till after the baby is born? and is it fair to an employer?

mom2bedec2009

Asked by mom2bedec2009 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• who cares about the employer, you need to take care of yourself and the baby, if you get sick I would just stay home and rest as much as you can, cuz if you will over do it, you will have a bad and stressfull pregnancy and that's bad for you, your health and your baby, if you can get by not working then just stay at home and relax
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I ended up having to quit because I got so sick with my first pregnancy. I don't know, it's really up to you. If you are financially stable enough and you feel like staying home then stay home.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I stopped working in the beginning cuz i had some complications but when I hit 20 weeks I started working again. I'm almost 26 weeks now and work over 40 hours a week, it's way too much and i get exhausted and feel like crap but i need the money. as long as a i have a day off here and there i'm okay. i think you should try working and if you can handle it, quit or ask if you can return after the baby.
    javila

Answer by javila at 9:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• We too live with my in laws, and I do not work. My husband and I share a car as well. We have decided after talking to his parents and discussing it amongst ourselves that it is best for me to stay home and take care of myself and our 18 month old. You should be trying to stay home and get as much rest as you can. And like you were thinking it wouldn't be fair to an employer for you to start working and then have to stop for obvious and various reasons.
    PuzzlePiece519

Answer by PuzzlePiece519 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I think it prolly depends on wat u do... i work in a kitchen at a retreat center, and when i got pregnant it was hot outside and i had to lift alot of heavy stuff so i had to stop working and i went back like...a month or 2 after i had serenity... i think that as long as it is not alot of hard work u r doin that could harm the baby u should be fine, but when it gets close to time to have the baby... i would prolly leave..u dont wanna go into labor at work lol
    paula1031

Answer by paula1031 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009