Not even married a year yet and gioing crazy.

I have been married for only ten months, and we have a 16 month old daughter. I dont feel like I am in love anymore, but I am only 20 so maybe I dont even know. My husband has HORRIBLE depression and anger problems and I DO NOT want our daughter exposed anymore. Sometimes he even says he doesnt want me or our daughter in his life anymore. He has a lot of growing up to do still. So I want to get a divorce but he is the bread winner. THe one thing I am afraid of is that he will try and take custody, or share it when he really isnt ready to be a father yet.
Any suggestions??

Asked by haileyannsmomma at 9:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• Counseling! You are both very young, and I believe you could benefit from joint counseling to help you figure out what will be best for each of you and your child. Communication is key to finding and being able to follow through with solutions that will make a success of your relationship - and you WILL have a relationship with this man for the rest of your lives, whether it is as a married couple or just as co-parents to your child. Take the time to think and talk things through before making any hard and fast decisions.
    Best of Luck to you.

Answer by DivaMomCC at 9:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• the first year was soo tough for us. you're not alone. it does get better.

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• If he is unwilling to get some help you need to decide if you want to live this life for the rest of yours. From what I have noticed a lot of men really don't understand the concept of family and what it takes to keep one healthy and functional until they are at least 35. Don't let the financial benefits keep you. TRUST isn't worth it. If you can get some counseling for YOU. They might be able to help you put things into order and help you separate your heart from your head. I wish you the world. You are young as is your baby, don't spend another second in sorrow when you can be so very happy!

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 10:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• you cannot keep him from having partial custody unless he is a threat to your child's safety. if i were you i would decide now, do you want to stay and work it out because of his problems and have the relationship be all about him? or leave and be around a positive situation for you and your child?

Answer by hiddenpoet at 10:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• The first year is the toughest. Try to visit the Smalley Relationship Center's website. They have a lot of good info.

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2008