is this weird or sweet?

So a good friend of mine committed suicide late saturday night or early sunday morning. My community is shattered and his sister is my best friend she is torn to pieces. On his facebook page he has a picture of him hugging an ice sculpture of jesus on the cross and I swear you can practically see wings coming out his back. He looks so happy. I want to give it to his mom so she has a recent happy picture to remember him by but is that wierd? I am so lost about this whole thing death coming from suicide is so different than death coming from an accident or illness. It's so hard to know what's appropriate and what helps. So should I give her the picture or just a big fat hug?

Please no posting about how people who commit suicide go to hell. That is so not what any of us need to hear right now, your answer will be reported and deleted immediatly.

katiekruschke

Asked by katiekruschke at 9:17 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Hmm how well do you know the mom? It might be too much for her to bear right now. Maybe talk to the sister (your friend) about it?
    Anonymous

• I would just give her a big fat hug
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:22 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I know the mom really well we all grew up together my brother and I were like her kids and her kids were like my moms kids . It's just so hard
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:23 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• First, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so difficult to lose someone all too soon. As for your question: You know, I would probably give it to her with a great big hug. I can't imagine that it would make things worse for her...if anything it would bring comfort I would think.
    JakeandEmmasMom

Answer by JakeandEmmasMom at 9:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would give it to her and just say this is the most recent picture I have I want you to have it and give her a hug
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• The hug would be the best idea. Listen if she wants to talk. Tell her you are sorry. See if you can do anything- provide transportation, watch the house during the services, and so forth.

Answer by Bmat at 9:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Well if you're going to give it to her I'd give it to her soon. Don't wait until she finally starts to feel better and then throw that upon her. GL.
    Anonymous

• I'm so sorry. You are totally right about it being a different sort of death situation. Go with your heart. You know this woman, she is practically family to you. None of us know her so we can't say how it would be received. If you are very worried about it, perhaps you can assemble a collection of photos and include this one as well.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

•  

Well, it's something for you to consider... however, at this moment, don't make any rash decisions... there are far too many emotions stirring right now.

A loved one of mine committed suicide almost 4 years ago as well... My blessings go out to you and the family. It's tough.

No one knows what it's like unless they have been there. 

Anonymous

• I am so sorry for your loss. I think you should give the mom a big hug. I think the picture is a sweet gesture, but it might be best to wait a while. Right now everyone is very emotional and grieving. Maybe in a few months go to her and say "I have this picture of Paul. It has been a comfort to me and I wish for you to have it".
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2009