Would you say something?

So my supervisor at work just had a birthday dinner for herself and invited everyone we work with except me. She told people to come right in front of me, sent everyone texts messages and e-vites except me. I took offense to it because while at work she acts like we're friends, and I invited her to my baby shower last year. Would you be offended? I don't think I was accidently excluded from the personal invitation, the text message, AND the e-vite. I feel like bringing it up to her but I don't want to turn it into a whole immature "Why wasn't I invited to your birthday party?" type of thing. Should I say something or let it go? Also, this same thing happened a few months ago when she threw a party for one of my co-workers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• It is VERY RUDE of her to invite everyone (but you) especially if you are standing right there when invites were issued! I would definately talk to her and let her know you feel hurt, and that she was being rude. If she does it again I would take the matter to Human Resources and complain about her 'unprofessional' behavior.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• yeah you need to bring it up and ask if there is some kind of problem that yall need to resovle because u feel like you are being treated unfairly.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Dealt with this...if you are an outstanding employee and popular with your coworkers and she is a supervisor its called queen bee syndrome. She will purposely exclude you...make sure to make a huge spectacle of ANY mistake you make. Just make sure you speak up if you feel you're being treated unfairly in anyway!!
    Anonymous

• Give her a birthday card and tell her happy birthday and move on. She obviously has beef with you and isn't mature enough to talk to you like an adult about it and prefers the passive agressive road. So take teh higher road and let her carry her grudge, it's a heavy thing to carry adn she'll get tired soon enough
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• she may assume you are coming. I'd probably be hurt and disappointed but I'd say something like "I wish I could come to your party but I can't make it that day". Then she'll look pretty stupid if she says "oh, you were not invited!". She probably thought she invited you already

Answer by admckenzie at 10:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Obviously she doesn't want to have a friendly relationship with you outside of work.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2009