wisdom teeth....

I had all 4 of wisdom teeth out Friday (it's Monday now so it's the 3rd day now). Saturday and Sunday weren't too bad, a little soreness and stiffness but today OMG, it' hurts! I'm really sore and stiff and my jaw is throbbing at times! I've had to take a whole vicodin today (I've had a half of one since Friday but I had to take a WHOLE one today!)....is it normal to be this sore now or is it supposed to be getting better? I'm worried about infection. I know swelling is normal a few days later but what about pain??

mommabear2008

Asked by mommabear2008 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Health

• you should call your dentist i don't think its normal i had two taken out and it dint even hurt just the 1st day.
    Anonymous

• I went through that too and I was fine. Did they give you a prescription? They gave me tylenol with codine and I found that you should take it before it starts hurting again. I think it took me a few days of soreness and being swollen before I felt better.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had all 4 pulled because all 4 were impacted. That makes a difference. I was on Roxicet for 3 days and slept all 3 days. I would call the dentist to double check but if they were impacted it will make a difference. If they put you under there is a good chance that they gave you pain meds while you were under so you didn't wake up in pain. If that was the case then that's why you weren't in pain right away. The anesthia can have some numbing affects too. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It sounds like you may have a case of dry socket. Call your dentist or oral surgeon and have them take a look at it.
    caroleann0215

Answer by caroleann0215 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2009