Pagans, your thoughts please.

How much "truth" do you believe there to be in the bible? I mean, i belive that most of the mythologies were true to a certian extent. just minus human exageratioin, human error, and just someone who came up with a really good story (lol), as well as other possible factors that could've altered the truth.

I believe that many of the stories in the bible are based on some truth. I believe Jesus was a real PERSON. ...WHAT i think about him ...well, i'll just leave that out. lol. But tell me, what are your thoughts?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 9:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• there are some in the bible i think is true but i also think he was married and had kids like everyone else
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• There is some truth in the bible. Jesus may have been a real person, but I do not believe he was the son of any god. His story has been told several times before, but people tend to focus on what's different in the stories as opposed to the similarities. As if a few minor differences mean that there was absolutely no borrowing from other stories. I don't deny there is some truth, but I do not believe it is absolute or divine truth in any way, shape, or form.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I figure its got some great stories that have some neat lessons we could all use in our lives from time to time.
    Is it 100% true and accurate,etc....heck no.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• After so many years! i decided that the Bible has been rewritten many times over and misinterpreted through the years by Christians to benefit their stance on things! And, it does have a Hell of a lot of good stories! Lust, Murder, adultery etc. JMO!
    Earth-Angel

Answer by Earth-Angel at 12:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It's historical fiction, just like romance novels written to take place during the Civil War. The war happened, certain large battles actually occurred. If the author has half a brain, the geography might even be accurate. The specific events to specific people, bodice ripping fiction.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I hold the Bible in the regard as Aesop's Fables.  Both contain SOME truths...however, I don't believe a senior citizen biult a big damn boat and put 2 of every creature on it and lived on it for 40 days and nights any more than I believe the ants and grasshoppers chat about the weather.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• LOL MamaK
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:23 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My thoughts on it are yours, outstandinglove. :-)

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009