How can I get my ob to induce after 38 weeks?

I'm 36 1/2 weeks now, I'm 120 lbs. I've gained 38 lbs so far which is great b/c I was very little when I was first pregnant, but its finally taken its toll on me carrying around this weight. When I lay down I have sharp pains on my side and also watery stuff leaking out of me. I have alot of braxton hicks contractions and I also have asthma and can't breathe. How can I get him to induce me after I'm 38 weeks. Will he? He seems like he dont want to which aggravates me because I can barely move and I have a 2 year old to chase after all day. How can I explain this to him that I'm ready?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ask ur ob if they will swipe ur membranes it worked for me and it should work with in 48hrs
    firsttimemommy

Answer by firsttimemommy at 9:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• it's not up to you to determine when you're ready. Its up to nature, your body, your baby, and your doctor. You can't convince him and unless there is a life threatening risk you will not be induced before your due date.
    Anonymous

• Gonna have to suck it up.
    Anonymous

• and snipping membranes hurts like hell and doesnt always work...
    Anonymous

• Usually they won't unless your already starting and they don't want to miss their golf game, or it looks like you might screw up their weekend plans. Sorry. I don't think you'll be able to convince him just yet. On the flip side the watery goop is a sign the stuff that glues the amniotic sac to the uterus is breaking down and when that goes your water will break and there will be no turning back then.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• well i have to find a way, i have no help and cant get anyone to help watch my 2 year old, he's autistic and wont let anyone care for him but me. i have to make him sit and watch tv in my room while i lay down because i feel weak when i'm up, so yes it is up to me when this is putting a damper on me and my sons life
    Anonymous

• YOU'RE READY???????
    What about your baby? I hope you've done a lot of research on induction. It can lead to so many complications!
    Anonymous

• please reread the question, it said how can i get him to induce AFTER 38 weeks, not before. I still have a week and a half to go. at 38 weeks they consider it term, i mean i'm ready for the 38 weeks to come
    Anonymous

• explain that to him, tell him your son is autistic and trying to control him all day and being so big and not being able to breath is making so your unable to properly care for your child... If he should deny you the induction call OB after OB and explain your situation- My OB would rather induce after 38 weeks because its better on her schedule and makes it so she can attend as many as her patients births as possible. Also if you request a C section have them sec- for 38 week, that's when my sister did hers.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I understand your frustration but your due date is only a quess, you might think you are 38 weeks but you could only be 36 weeks, if your son is AS how are you gonna take care of him in labor or in the hospital, it doesnt make alot of sence to me what you said... I know being pregnant is a pain in the ass the last few weeks but it is best to let baby decide when to come. Inductions can lead to alot of un-needed complications to you and the baby, mortality rates for you and baby are highest just from the induction.
    Anonymous