What happens after you go through labor to the time you go home?

I know this sounds weird, but i am kinda paranoid about what happens after labor, so if anyone can share exactly what happens it would be much appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you want like a schedule of events, or a more biological, what happens to your body list??
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• i suppose more of a schedule of events.
    Anonymous

• haha wow that's actually a good question! mainly you just lay in your room and recover. I'm sure its different if you have a c-section but i had a natural birth and from time to time they would come in and check mine and the babies vital, they check your butt for healing and possible hemmorage (its weird) they take the baby for hearing tests, the pediatrician comes in to assess the baby, the photgrapher comes in to offer really expensive first pictures, and the rest of the time you pretty much just sleep and feed the baby!
    Anonymous

• http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/labor-delivery.html?pageNum=7#7
    Anonymous

• oh and then theres the people for the birth certificate and the social security card...tons of forms to fill out.
    Anonymous

• lots of TV and breastfeeding.. filling out papers... sitz baths 3-4 times a day, blood work at 5 am, drs at 7 am....

my advise go to bed early!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 10:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Well, I was all prepared to give you a run-down on what happens with your body. ha ha! Um.... so what happened with me was, after I moved to a recovery room, we hung out, the nurse came and checked me and tried to get me to walk, but I tore, so I wasn't interested. They made me sign a thing so I could self-medicate, and pretty much just recovered and waited to get discharged by my midwife, and my son by the pediatrician.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• ok then what happens to your body? lol i have to know lol
    Anonymous

• seriously, i want to know everything. im really paranoid.
    Anonymous

• I don't remember. I was too drugged up after an Emergency c-section. Basically, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. Just go with the flow.

It hurts, then it hurts more, then you want to die, then you probably will push and rip and tear and cry and then you will see your baby. Then you will cry. Then you get to push the placenta out. And cry.Then they stitch you back up and you get drugs to help with the pain. Less crying. Then you have to try to poop and pee on your own. More crying. Then you have a pretty sleepless night in the hospital, then you get to leave with a flabby belly and cankles. Lots of crying.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 10:30 PM on Jun. 22, 2009