i had an emergency ultrasound last night should I still go to my regularly scheduled ultrasound in two days????

Is too many ultrasounds not safe for my baby????? especially so close together??? Not to mention I have to schedule a follow up in like 3 weeks because i was told my placenta was too low????? Im really not sure what's the right thing to do. please help

DesignDiva21

Asked by DesignDiva21 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely keep the appointment. Ultrasounds are proven safe. It isn't like xrays. It is sound waves. Unless your Dr. instructs you otherwise keep the appt. As a side not a 'low' placenta often corrects itself as the pregnancy progresses. As long as it isn't over the cervix there is a good chance.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• honey i had u/s almost every other week for the first 20 weeks because of so many issues including placenta previa. my baby is healthy and its rather harmless...
    Anonymous

• have as many as they will give you. It gives you a chance to look and see and know that your baby is alright. They are harmless
    PuzzlePiece519

Answer by PuzzlePiece519 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• GO! I would think after an emergency one you would want to see your little bean again. Its safe, and reassuring.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 10:25 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I would go... keep as many as those appts that you can :)
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 11:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009