Would you send your kids?

I recently saw an article about two schools in California who screwed up their accounts of how long the kids were in school on short days. Because they messed up by a few MINUTES, those days don't count at all, so the kids are now having to give up their summer break. In other words, the school admins screwed up but the kids are expected to pay the penalty. If your kids were in that school system, what would you do? Would you send your children or not?

Here's the link to the article if you want to read it for yourself:

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=102410586011&h=Vj6K3&u=GdU_h&ref=nf

jessradtke

Asked by jessradtke at 10:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldnt its not my DD's fault that they screwed up. If they want to make a fuss about it I'll put up just as much of a fuss back, its simply not right. Summer vacation is a time to spend w/ my child & I like the thought of that to have two months to spend w/ her.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Of,corse I would,if,I didn't have a choice,I wouldn't want my child to be penalized, or lefted back.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Hell yes I would send her. I'd be pissed about the school's mistake, but it's law as to how long they have to be in school. By not sending my daughter, that would be like taking her out of school for no damn reason on a regular schedule, it would count against her. No way am I doing that!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• probably just bc I would want those peaceful days where they are in school and not home and bored and giving me a headache or having to pay a sitter!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:41 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• They will learn life is not fair. I would not want them to have that many days listed as absent and possibly keep them back because of it. California is the worst place to send you kid to school. Not shocking this happened there. We moved away a few months ago and I am so glad. My kids are getting a great education in my small town. Our worst school is 10 times better than the best school in Cali.
    Anonymous