How did you decide on your child's name?

This is our second baby and he too is a boy but we are having the hardest time deciding on a time. None have that "IT" factor, like...yea this is the name. Just wanted to know how you knew

PuzzlePiece519

Asked by PuzzlePiece519 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not sure just liked the name a lot my DD's name is Lilly (first name) Anne (middle name). I like Lilly & Anne is my middle name passed on to her. When u say Lilly Anne together I think it sounds like Lilian so always thought that was cute.

Our boys name we had picked was Landen (sp) just another name my SO liked & so do I. I do like Logan a little better though.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Mel30248, my oldest son's name is Logan (he's almost 11) and my youngest's name is Landon (he's 3). With Logan my hubby mentioned it, he's a huge Marvel comics fan and Logan is Wolverine's name. I liked it, it was better than our other choice of Payton and he is a Logan. Our middle son is Eric. We both really liked the name Derrick, but knew a few of them so we went with Eric. And Landon was really hard to name, but my hubby coached a kid named Landon and I really liked it. It was a choice between Landon and Liam and I went with Landon.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My daughter's name is Faith. I had a list together of names, mostly from the bible and some Saint's names...and I had Faith on it as well. I asked my hubby which one he liked and he immediately said Faith so we stuck with it. And I gave her my mother's middle name. So she is Faith Ann. :)
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• my children all have Navajo middle names and there first names arent to common either my 6 yr old girl is Krystalynn Doli my twin 4 yr old boys are are Blayze Gaagii, and Braxton Gad. My littlest is almost 2 and her name is Tabytha Nascha I am pregnant with twins again number 5 & 6 and i only have a boy and girl name picked out so far which is If it is a girl her name will be Myleena Doba, if it is a boy his name Quyntyn Bidziil. but i need to pick another boy and girl name out since its a surprise on them
    navajomomoflot

Answer by navajomomoflot at 11:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• My Daughter's name is Cadence Meredith .. My husband is a drummer .. and the Cadence is a drum rythm.. so, thats the first name.. Meredith is my mother's maiden name.. and we just combined the 2.. we are 39 wks and 4 days prego with our son.. and His name is Carson ( his mamaw and papaws last name on his mom's side) and middle name is Jace or Jase we haven't decided yet.. but my husband's name is Jason.. so thats how that came about.. good luck!
    its rough!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 11:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• first my son passed away so i wanted something to do with that so i named my daughter Nevaeh Rain which Nevaeh is heaven spelt backwards and Rain mean a blessing from above
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 11:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I wanted my son to have a similar name as my dh, but dh did not want a JR. I wanted each of our child to have one Biblical name and one family name. So, ds's first name is Joseph (Biblical), dh's name is Joel (Biblical). They both have the same middle name which is a family name that is being passed down from generation to generation.

DD's name is Nina Hadassah. Nina is Grace in Hebrew, and Grace was my grandmother's name (hence, a family name). Hadassah is Biblical and was Queen Esther's Hebrew name.

If we have any more children we hope to follow the Biblical/Family name.
    Allegra360

Answer by Allegra360 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have always loved the name Olivia, since I was a huge fan of Olivia de Havilland the actress. Marie was chosen for a hero of mine who embodied determination, hard work, and courage. Plus the name is classic and it roles off the tongue well. Miss Olivia Marie.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009