Any suggestions on how to occupy/distract/deal with a crawling 9 month old on the plane?

My 9 month old son has been crawling for a few weeks, and we're traveling on the plane tomorrow (a 3 hour flight). All of a sudden he doesn't want to be held as much, and can throw quite a fuss. Any suggestions on how to occupy/distract/deal with him en route?

vixenmama

Asked by vixenmama at 10:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Travel

• His car seat is a familiar spot, and he understands that when he is in it, he doesn't get to squiggle around. Additionally, a lap baby can become a projectile during extreme turbulence and the carseart is just a safer place.
    Try to get to the airport early and get a bulkhead seat; you will give up the underseat storage, but you will have an area for him to play on the floor.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't want my baby to crawl on the floor in a plane. Yukkky. My kids would sit in my lap (back in the 60's when nobody worried about that) or sit in a booster seat. They were very laid back and cheerful so I didn't have problems,even when we flew from Germany to the USA....loong flight. If your baby is hyper and won't sit still , ask your pediatrician for a solution to the problem. Good luck!
    Anonymous