Question about pregnancy symptoms

Have any of you had successful pregnancies where you only had slight symptoms at the beginning and then even those decreased but did not suddenly stop altogether? It's making me nervous that mine are decreasing. The biggest thing is that my stomach would feel unsettled a little bit after I ate and when I woke up in the mornings right when I first found out I was pregnant (4 weeks). I'm at 5 weeks now and that doesn't happen anymore. But I've been drinking a ton of water since I found out, so I thought that may have helped my stomach. I don't know!

Has anyone had their initial symptoms decrease but still had a healthy pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, my belly was kinda sick is the beginning. Not much just kinda bubbly if that makes sense. It lasted about a week and was gone by the time I was 6 weeks. I'm 28 now and so far so good!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Just be happy you don't have symptoms. I'm on so many meds right now just to make me a functioning person, I'm 10weeks. I know a lot of people that were a little quesy when they found out but it all stopped after a week.
    CamillaMommy

Answer by CamillaMommy at 11:33 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Yes! Although it happened to me a bit later, I actually called my doctor almost in tears bc I had two mornings in a row that I had not thrown up. Symptoms will decrease as you edge into your second trimester.. that's why its called the "honeymoon period". I wouldn't worry too much... during my second trimester I actually felt "unpregnant" and wanted an ultrasound just to confirm I was still pregnant!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• @CamillaMommy That's what my friends all said last time... until I miscarried... Consider yourself lucky to have symptoms, because you will have a baby at the end of 9 months. I would give anything for that. I'm afraid I'm miscarrying again, but I just wanted to know if there was any possibility whatsoever of symptoms going away and still having a healthy pregnancy. Trying to figure out if I should wait two more weeks for my first appointment or if I should demand an appointment today.

I'm only 5 weeks. This is when I lost my last baby... Thanks to the others for encouraging stories. Glad your pregnancies are going/went well.

Other people, please continue to answer with your stories. I could really use the encouragement. What do y'all think? Should I demand a doctor's appointment? It's probably too early to see anything on u/s but they could do a blood test to see if my hormone levels are good, right?

-O.P.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2009