Do I want to?

Okay, I have a 6yr old son, and a DD who is 8 months. I did not want them so far apart, but I only have one ovary and a tilted uterus. Soooo it takes a long time for me to get pregnant apparently. If I want to have anymore kids closer to my dd age than 6 yrs.....should I start trying now? Or should I just wait? IDK what to do...... Im pretty sure I want more kids, and Id rather they be closer in age then my kids are now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• my 2 kids ar e like your far apart my fis is going on 7 n my baby 14 months old if u want a nother kid the doctors say wait a year to have a nother baby to let your body get better
    Anonymous

• Depends. If you had a c-section this last time, you should probably wait a little longer. If it was me, and I had a natural birth, I would start trying again right away, though. They'd still be 17 months apart, even if you did get pregnant right away. It's not like Irish twins (kids less than a year apart). And from what I hear, that's not even that bad for you, as long as you don't do it repeatedly. So I would try again right away, but if you do get pregnant right away, then next time wait a little longer if you choose to have a fourth.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Well, I've heard you are most fertile right after birth so you could get pregnant a lot quicker this time. My older 3 kids are 15 months and 13 months apart (meaning they were 6 months and 4 months when I got pregnant again) and I enjoyed it for the most part. It wasn't easy but I can't imagine doing it any other way. And they were all c-sections and I did just fine with that, too. In fact my 3rd was the easiest pregnancy I had even after giving birth just months earlier. Anyway. I say go for it but I'm pretty biased. My 4th child is 3 1/2 years younger then the 3rd and I hate it. She has almost nothing in common with the older kids and is always left out and alone. I wish I could have had another right after her. Mine are 9, 7 1/2, 6 1/2 and 3 now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2009