ARGENT: !!!!!!!! SMOKE ALARM

OK ITS LATE NIGHT AND THE FIRE ALARM GOES OFF; I CHECK EVERY THING IN THE HOUSE; I TURN OFF THE ALARM AND I PLACE THE BATTERY IN THE FIRE ALARM IT BEEPS AGAIN ??? IS THIS NORMAL???

poncetwins88

Asked by poncetwins88 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you mean "URGENT" ...not argent.
    Anonymous

• Ours has done this before. Not sure what caused it either. If it's wired in to the house, you might want to have someone check the wiring to make sure there is nothing going on there.
    Anonymous

• It could mean the battery is low. Have you tried a new battery? In an apartment I lived it, ours would beep if the battery was dying. Once I left on vacation for a week & it was beeping when I got home--I felt so bad b/c I wondered if the neighbors had been living with it beeping for a week!!! If the battery is good, you might want to consider replacing the entire unit. They can go bad, you know.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We had one that kept doing that too. It started in the middle of the night, scared the heck out of us lol. We checked the whole house, checked the batteries (but it was like 3 smoke alarms in the house going off). After figuring there was no real fire, we called the base fire department to come and turn off the entire system (we lived on a military base is why we called the fire department, not sure if you could do the same thing). They disconnected it for the night so that we could sleep, then came out the next morning to fix it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2009