3D/4D ultrasounds

Have any of you gotten a 3D/4D ultrasound done? Do you think it is worth it? I know it's not necessary medically, but are the pictures and videos worth wanting?

kristinmj

Asked by kristinmj at 11:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• everyone i've seen or talked to thats had it done thought it was worth every penny and they are paying alot for it im having mine done in 5 weeks (30wks) but im only paying 80 i think it'll be worth every cent to see my baby clear as day
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 11:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• Absolutely!! I work for an OB....MY OB to be exact. We do the 3D ultrasounds in our office and I had one 2 weeks ago (gestational preference when carrying twins). It came out amazing!! Just be prepared to have to go back a few times to get good pics. The baby has to be in a good position to get the clear pics. Little tip we give our patients.....bring orange juice with you. If the baby is in a bad position for pics, drink the oj and the sugar in it will make the baby change position. Good luck!! :0)
    TWOMUCHFUN09

Answer by TWOMUCHFUN09 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• I had a 4D in the ER.. nothing was wrong with baby.. she just flipped it in 4D and it was free. ( with my ins. of course.. )
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 11:53 PM on Jun. 22, 2009

• hey! i had one done before with my second child and it is worth every dime! It amazed me so much every more after i had my baby and she looked exactly the same in the ultrasound picture. And its also helpfully for parents in a way like giving them security knowing their child is fine.
    05seximama

Answer by 05seximama at 11:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2009