dilated 2cm, 38wks.....castrol oil?

do you think castrol oil would help along the process if im 2cm dilated? or no because i just came back from walking and i was having contractions but they were like 20min apart so i know my body getting ready for the big event but i was just wondering if castrol oil would help speed things up now

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 12:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No No No..its bad for the baby, I know its frustrating but let yourself go natural thats the way it supposed to be.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• walk up a big hill, or bounce up and down on the bed, or even walk around like walmart really fast. do something really active and I guarantee you will go into labor! Promise...mom of four
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Your so close now, and your still only 38 weeks. I would just wait it out, I doubt it will be too much longer, and the more the baby is in there the better. But I would do some walking, and jumping on the bed does move the baby down so it will help move things along. When your this far I think its just best to do things that for sure have no risks to the baby...I know its hard. I was two days over due with my daughter lol and no signs of labor starting!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• GIRL JUST BE PATIENT ITS COMING GIVE IT A COUPLE MORE DAYS BELIEVE ME AND WHEN IT COMES U GONNA WISH IT WASNT THERE BE PATIENT TAKE A NIGHT WALK THEN GO 2 BED U MIGHT WAKE UP IN ACTIVE LABOR
    jamyreah

Answer by jamyreah at 12:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Castor oil is NOT safe to use for labor induction.

It can severly dehydrate the mother and cause the baby to release meconium.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I am 39.5 wks and I am dilated to 3.5 and over 50% effaced..and was having sparatic contractions so, I bought a bottle of castor oil. It said to take 1-4 TABLESPOONS. I was chicken.. so I took 1.5 Tablespoons.. I have 2 other prego friends who are no longer prego because they did this last week but took much more than I. anway, I took it.. and NOTHING! I seriously was at the point of crfying! I am completely miserable! But .. I won't take anymore.. cuz if its not time, its just not time.. I did because I am being told, by doctor.. and it feels like the baby is going to be over 9 lbs.. so, i am pretty desperate.. anyway.. good luck, but don't take it... it didn't make me stay in the potty.. I just kept drinking thru the couple of trips to the potty.. so I wouldn't become dehydrated.. GOOD LUCK! But, I wouldn't try it.. if it doesn't work you just get disappointed! LOL
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 6:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Why would you want to rush things when your body is getting ready for labor? I don't understand it. Castor oil is not without risks at all.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2009