How many kids do you have and which labor was your worst?

I am 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant with our 3rd child, a friend told me that the 3rd births are the worst ones. Now I am a little nervous lol I am praying for a VBAC with this child and now every worse scenerio keeps popping into my head lol.

My 2nd birth was the worst so far Autumn ended up being a 17 hour labor (versus 8 that I had with my son) only to discover she was "stuck" and I had to have a c-section

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 12:08 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My first totally! I was undereducated about birthing options and felt afterward that I was pushed into things I didn't want.
    The other two times I had wonderful pain med free births.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I had two children and both were easy enough labors, granted I had epidurals but even the births went really smoothly! I'm not a big girl at all and I had over a 9lb baby and she just kind of slid out of me. I must be really loose or something! LOL!

Good luck I'm sure everything will be fine!! Congrats on your pregnancy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm not a big girl at all and I had over a 9lb baby and she just kind of slid out of me. I must be really loose or something! LOL!

Ignorant statements like this really annoy me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My first was the worst because I had back labor. The second wasn't great but a little easier.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my 2nd... i was forced to go med free< LONG story> and instead of being cut like i asked they let me tear.. from front to past the back! so that was my worst.... but even now almsot a year later.. i dont remember the pain that much, honestly
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have two girls, and my first labor was definitely harder. Not because it was more painful or because we had some complication. It was worse because of my lack of knowledge/mental preparation. I didn't learn much about pain reduction techniques, so I tensed through contractions. My second labor was AMAZING! I was so calm and relaxed through the whole experience, so it didn't even register as painful at the time - just something that required my full attention. I couldn't imagine it being any better in any way - I even cooked my husband breakfast through contractions!
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 4:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have three and I don't think any of them were bad. First and third total labor and delivery was about 5 hours. My middle, eight hours. It's different for everyone. I did try to go without pain meds with my first and that went out the window. I did have an epidural with all three and do not regret it lol.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my 5th. My first was my hardest labor...28 hours with a posterior baby who never turned. My 2nd was my shortest and worst...5 hrs with an induction. My 3rd and 4th were a lot alike except for the time. My 3rd labor was 8 hours, my 4th 13 hours.

MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have 3 daughters.
    DD#1 was 28 hours of labor with no drugs and yet it wasn't all bad - she weighed 9 lbs 1 oz.
    DD#2 was a shorter labor and quicker delivery and I had a wonderful epidural - she weighed 10 lbs.
    DD#3 was almost as long as my first, but the most painful. I had back labor and the epi only worked down one leg. She weighed 8 lbs 12 oz.
    My point being - not all small babies are the easiest. As you can see, my largest baby was the easiest and I wish all my labors and deliveries were just like hers, even if it meant having her size or larger over again.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Huh, not really sure how to answer this one, LOL. The obvious one would be my 4th, my placenta abrupted so an emergency c-section was performed to save my baby and my lives. But if your talking JUST laboring, my first was my longest at 16hrs, but the progression worked for me and I got my med free waterbirth like I wanted. My third was only 55 minutes long, so though lacking the progression, it was too fast for me to dwell on the pain. So I would say my second, I labored for 4 hrs, so I didn't have the slow progression nor the quickness of my third. I also remember my hips hurting so bad from the pressure of him descending. I did get 3 out of 4 of my babies born at a freestanding birthing center, so I was home after 4hrs of giving birth, which I liked :)
    Tiffatoe

Answer by Tiffatoe at 2:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009