How do you discover your dreams?

Over the years of having children and going through a divorce and being a single mom for the last four years or so I have lost me. I have no idea who I am. How do you discover that? The only thing I want to do is drink and sleep....I have no desire for anything anymore..my kids are away and Im dreading them coming home because like I said I just want to drink and sleep....Im not me anymore..its like Im a shell thats just here and that person is gone and no where to be found.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

• What a wonderful opportunity you have! I was there once and decided I didn't like the sleep and sit around wondering thing so I did something about it. I realized that for so long I was an extension of someone else and all of a sudden I was someone I didn't know anymore. The kids were gone and I was single. Who was I? I had no clue. So I set out on a journey to find myself. At first, I was bitter bc I should have made that journey earlier in my life but that negative energy slowed me down so I revamped my attitude. I found positive things no matter how small. I became grateful and pulled from my newly acquired positive energy. I went back to college and started meeting folks. I started doing volunteer work when I needed to fill in time to stop sitting around or sleeping. I started finding myself. It took some time but I was able to realize my dreams. Take time to either make new dreams or find old ones now. nothing 2 stop u

Answer by admckenzie at 10:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't know. I gave up on dreams and don't believe in them anymore.
    Anonymous