Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!!! wht would u do?

I witness my neighbor hitting his wife in the face. he had the front door wide open he quickly close it when he saw us.
They just moved in three months ago they pretty much keep to themselves.
I saw her this morning she always speak, but she didn't this time.
I ask her if she was okay, she didn't say a word to me.
Should I say something or mind my business? what would you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • I don't know...I might try to go over there && see if she would talk to me when he's not home.

    that's a crappy situation to be in though.......

    Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • I'd report it. You might just save her life.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • I would and have called the cops. Do not speak to her at all if the husband is home. If you see her alone and he is gone, then you can tell her that she deserves better than him. I would also give her the numbers for local womens shelters.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 12:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • I should say that I have called the cops several times on one neighbor who was beating his girlfriend and I also called another time when I saw a different neighbor hitting his girlfriend. The second guy was a known drug dealer, but I didn't hesitate to call.
    You might save her life like a pp said. I would also get a notebook and document everything like this that you see between them. Time, date, and exactly what you witnessed.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 12:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • Call in. Even if it doesnt work (she doesnt press charges.) You will plant the seed that it is wrong and that someone cares.

    Answer by NightOwlMama at 12:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • I would call the police and report it . . . mostly because my husband would be dragging him out of the house and pistol whipping him. I would want the EMTs there incase hubby got a hang nail or something.

    Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • Well, get this ladies he is a police officer that's why they move here he was transfered, now it make me wonder if that the reason why? i wonder what would happen if the cops were called this is the 1st time i saw this happen. calling cops on another one cops I know sometimes they stick together.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • Make sure to keep a journal of everything you see. That way she will have some proof of his abuse. Tell her you are doing it so she knows she has some hope of getting away..

    Answer by Nathskitten at 1:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • If he's with the city call the county and vice versa or even your state police as state po usually do investigations on other cops in our state. Just because that POS is a cop does NOT give him license to treat anyone that way especially his wife!

    Answer by ormom1977 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • i totally agree with the notebook thing. i would be cautious about reporting it though. if he finds out he might jsut find a way to blame her, and take it out on her! you dont want to put her through anymore. if shes ever alone, i would slip over there and say, that you did see something, and that if she ever needs anthing she can always come to you. if she needs somewhere to go or anything. offer some numbers. offer support...or jsut friendship. let her know she has a place to turn. she might not want it right away, but will eventually. find out the number to find out where the local womans and childrens center is...tho if hes a cop he would know keep a safe place in mind for her to go to...maybe a friend of yours. Good Luck!

    Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:02 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.