Do you think the majority of moms in America are good moms or bad moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think the majority of them try to be a good mom but unfortunately most don't even know what the term means.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• what's a "good" mom?
    what's a "bad" mom?

I think the majority of mom in America do the best they can in the best way they know how.

My mom (RIP Nancy Lucinda Shedd 3/27/1964-4/14/2009) always used to say "We all try to do the best we can with what we have."
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would like to say good moms, but I honestly dont know. I see sites like this and you see how many moms are out there that care for your kids, but then you hear stories of moms killing their kids, and parents addicted to drugs, or abuse their kids...
    So I just dont know...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I hold true to the belief that the majority of moms in this world, not just in America, are good, loving mothers who are doing the best with what they have at any given moment. I don't think there would be many humans surviving if there were more bad moms than good moms.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I really can't make that call, considering I only know a very small percentage of them..lol.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree with OutstandingLove.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Well considering the large amount of people addicted to drugs, alcohol, etc. and the overflowing prison system we have, the amount of people murdering others, the huge percentage of people on anti-depressants or who need to be, the people who commit suicide, the young teens who are getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant, the amount of people who abuse or abort their children, the many people who beat their wives, the people who have little to no respect for themselves or for others, the corrupt people, the huge divorce rate, the amount of women and girls who feel they need to over sexualize themselves to be liked, the men who feel they must control their women, the huge drop out of school rate, the millions of kids who grow up never knowing their father, the overloaded foster care system.
    I would say yea.... there must be quite a few parents who have messed up along the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I hate to say it but I think the majority of moms are probably "bad" moms. What I mean by bad is lazy, selfish, and the type to try and be "cool" and act like a friend to their children rather than a parent. I look around at the kids these days, like Anon:52 said, and so many of them are doing drugs, drinking, having sex too young, committing suicide, having mental problems, dropping out of school, getting arrested for one thing or another...etc. and I can't imagine that these children are all coming from outstanding and wonderful parents. Granted there is only so much a mother can do to keep her child out of trouble, but it seems that today, parents are far too concerned with their own lives and own needs instead of their childrens'.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I think the majority of men and women are very selfish, and that reflects on their parenting.
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2009