Christians, this question has probably been asked before but ...

...and i realize that you probably dont "know" the answer. But what are your thoughts or opinions.
Why doesnt God talk to people now the way He once did in biblical times? Or do you believe he does, but those people either end up in the insane assylam (sp?) or keep their mouths shut?

I swear this is an honest question. Not ment to offend. And as i stated, i expect more thoughts and opinions then versus from the Bible (although if there are some that talks about this feel free to add them).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God talks to all of us everyday. Wether we know it or not. I know his voice bu it's not like an all awesoem booming voice coming from the heavens and blows my hair straight back lol. It's in my mind, it's the holy spirit. I have been compelled to do things that I go wait that wasn't my idea lol. And those things brought glory unto the Lord. But often enough most people don't hear God anymore because we are too busy so when God is talking to us we usually shove it aside and continue on with our busy lives. We are all too busy today and don't care enough to listen to that still small voice. It doesn't help that alot of christians think they can go to church for a few hours and be fine, yeah that's enough god time for me I can go back to my life now. I wonder how often they stop to praise God and give thanks for being able to live this busy life of theirs.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• cute question. He does talk like he did in the bible. In the old testament God dwelt above us. In the new testament before the resurrestion he dwelt among uf (emmanual) After the ascension he said receive ye the Holy GHost (God in the spirit as the comforter) and now dwells in us. He is a still small voice that leads and give us insight. (discernment) I take it you have not been to a church that operates in the gifts of the spirit. LOL!! not trying to be rude.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• resurrection *sorry*

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• hmm good question....idk much. havent read the Bible in years. but i think it has something to do with it stopped with Jesus. Jesus being here kinda changed everything. Now we have free will to choose to follow Him or not, and whether to believe or not. I could be wrong, but thats what came to mind.

Im sure someone will have a scripture reading for you tho!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh he does!

Ever seen a homeless guy walking down the street talking to himself and yelling crazy things? The other side of that conversation is God telling him he's the new John the Baptist!

He's not crazy! He's a reluctant prophet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• LOL! Anon :20. Exactly my thoughts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No verses from the Bible : ( Okay, I will try and explain my beliefs. Well, I believe that there is no new "revelation" in the sense that the Bible is written and we are not to add to what we have received from the holy men that God used to write down His words. There will be no new revelation that way.

But God does still speak to His people. He speaks to me everytime I stop to listen and seek Him. As a Christian I have the Holy Spirit (God) living inside me. He is my counselor, He leads me in the truth, He brings verses into my mind when I ask a question, He lovingly corrects me when I am wrong, He reminds me of His love for me, sometimes He tells me to do something. It is different than how God spoke to Moses from the burning bush, or how God spoke to Jacob and wrestled with him, or how God came to Abraham, yes--but He still talks to His people.

Jesus said that He is our shepherd and His sheep hear His voice.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• ptomom

I have gone to many churches. ...Thank you. And i thought that little voice inside your head was supposed to be a conscious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• But, didn't God talk to ppl who werent his "sheep"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• O.K. part of the difference is that in the Old Testament the Holy Spirit did not dwell in people. He only came upon people at certain times for special reasons. There wasn't this close fellowship between believers, in the Old Testament the Jews, that there now is between born again Christians and God. God doesn't have to appear to me in a burning bush, because He lives inside of me. Does that make sense? Now in the early New Testament church this was a new work of God to bring the gentiles into Christianity. This was something new to the polytheistic world around the nation of Israel. Often when God begins a new work He shows His power in dramatic ways. This shows the people who have never heard of this God His power and the authority of those speaking for God. You see this today in areas where Christianity is just beginning to take some root, such as remote India.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2009