Christians, how would you react if ...

a Pagan came knocking on your door to share their "truth" with you? Not trying to be rude at all. I realize some may say that they would be polite and possibly try to talk to the Pagan about God. But are there any other ways you might react?

Also, as i'm sure most of us realize, a Pagan is not likely to ever come knocking on anyones door to share "the truth" with anyone. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would invite them in, offer them a drink or snack and listen to them and if there opened and opportunity I would share why I am a christian. Maybe even feed them if they ended up staying long,because most pagans are VERY open minded people wiling to learn new things. I would not be persuaded to their ways because I used to be pagan and will not go down that road agian. I will say this pagans/wiccans are VERY loving, kind, understading and if you didn't know they were pagan you would think them devout christians just based on actions alone. But to the bible it is not the way to heaven so I will not follow it and the magik that is done is not of God and I want nothing to do with anything that is not of God.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm not a Christian and I just answered this question for the JW's! I don't want anybody to knock on my door that is uninvited, unless it's the publisher's clearing house or somebody with a big stack of cash for me, but as for anything else I don't need/want anything!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• WOW!! I would thank God for sending them to my door. I would invite them in make coffee and start sharing (of course I would let them talk first)
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 1:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Ok im not one of the ones to go knocking at all, you will never find me doing that!! but i would do what i do to the christians and say " im , sorry i have my beliefs, and though i respect yours, i am not interested in hearing about them at this moment. Thank you. " Luckily we dont get many door to door people around here!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't mind at all (unless I hadn't brushed my teeth or put a bra on yet, but that would be my problem, LOL).

I love talking to people about religion/faith (duh ; ) And I would be able to learn something new and figure out what I think about it, what the Bible says about it, and it would prompt me to do some research and study.

I agree with ptomom, I would let them talk and then ask a lot of questions before I share what I believe.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• LOL cinnamon-mom, I am the same way. If someone comes to my door I worry about my teeth and putting on a bra too.....LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• At our house we get solisitors at least 3 times a day. It is so freakn' annoying for people to come knocking on my door with crap to sell be it actually crap or verbal (religious) crap... i am not interested.

Then all these "sales people" do is leave their trash on my door or drive way so that I have to go out and clean it up to put in the recycle. So on top of bugging me on my restful day, they are wasting paper and littering... ahhhhhhhhhhh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• How would you feel if everything you or members of your faith community was scrutenized and never, ever right.  Funny how it's O.K, to judge Christians but not anyone else.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• teamquinn

as i said, i was not trying to be rude. i was simply asking a question and i am honestly enjoyig reading the replies. If you dont have something of your own you'd like to add please dont.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes i agree with my sisters I would invite them in... Chat with them and see what they have to say and i would share some of the bible with them :)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2009