WAT DO U DO IF UR DAUGHTER HITS U N U SAY OUCH N SHE HITS U MORE N SHES ONLY 10 MONTHS???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Grab her hands and tell her no! Then take her hands and gently rub them on your face or arm and say nice, nice, repeat. She's young and she'll learn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You stop her from hitting you. DUH. sorry. not trying to be rude. But obviously you know she's going to hit you. so you grab her hands and tell her "Its not okay to hit/hurt other people". and then you try to find a toy or something for her to play with.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree with what the previous poster said. She found a way to get a reaction from you and it's new and exciting to her.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• She gets a reaction out of you. It is cause and effect. She hits you and you respond to that by saying, "ouch." For a ten month old that is pure entertainment. When she hits you at that age I find the best thing today is stop play. No matter what you are doing, you stop. You tell her that, " We don't hit because it hurts." You place her in a safe place, pack and play, etc. and leave her there for one minute. One minute for her age. Then pick her up and tell her again. "We don't hit." Then give her a hug and tell you that you love her. You have to be consistent every time she tries to hit you. Eventually she will realize that hitting isn't any fun because it stops the attention,time,cuddling, play that she is getting with you.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't even bother with the "we don't hit" at 10 months they don't understand that much language. Simply move away and say no. Then no interaction for a short time.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• She has no concept of the word "ouch." It just sounds funny. Try playing other games, but if she tries to hit, completely ignor her and redirect what she is doing.
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i say NO firmly, then i say 'gentle', i take his hand and show him how to pat or rub my arm gently. it took several tries, but now he will touch gently instead of hitting.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:33 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My dd tried it and I held her arms by her sides, told her that is NOT ok and then showed her how to be gentle.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My son just turned 11 months the other day. He hits all the time but is just playing. He hasn't done it meanly yet. I firmly say NO and take his hand away from myself. All you can do at this point is say NO firmly and re-direct him to something else. I wouldn't recommend saying "stop" or anything like that. Make sure you only use one word that way she doesn't get confused. It worked with my 2 year old when he was younger and it's starting to work with my 11 month old so i hope it works for you!
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 4:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• OMG! I'll stop her because I know that it hurts not only for me but also for er sake. Maybe she's just having a good time but she might suffer from ache.
    SavanaDevyn

Answer by SavanaDevyn at 6:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2009