How can I get my daughter to poop in the toilet?

She's got the whole pee thing down. She tells me she has to go pee and we go and everything is great. But when it comes to having to go poop she dissapears into the other room and when she comes out she tells she pooped in her pants. I don't get it.

aureliasmommy

Asked by aureliasmommy at 1:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son used to hide when he had to go #2... he had a lot of bowel problems and when I seen he was taking off in the other room Id hurry and get him and take him to the potty. He'd go, Id sit there with him. Afterwards we'd make a big deal over it lol. It worked! Good Luck!
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 1:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• we taped a dollar to our mirror for my oldest. it took a bit, but once he got that first dollar, he kept trying. he only got to 10 before he forgot about it. but that is what helped us. not sure what to do about my 2 yr old now. . . .lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Take the poop that is in her pants, dump it down the toilet and show her that is where poop goes.. My son doesn't use the toilet yet but I'm introducing him to it and when I do that he goes "bye bye poop" so I think he is going to be ready soon. HOPE IT WORKS
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 5:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Some kids are very resistant to poop in the potty. You could try sinking games (like throw some little cereal bits in the toilet and give him a quarter for every one he sinks w/ a poop), or if you have a child that simply doesn't want to let it go in the potty (some get the feeling that poop is like a part of them, it's scary to let it out in the potty and then flush it - pee is different), then tell your child that they need to let the poop out so that it can return to it's poop family in the sewer. Sounds silly, but you have to try some crazy stuff when they start resisting.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2009